Menu

Spin off on Wedgits thread - which sets do you have?

We have the On The Go set from Amazon. I am thinking about getting another set, but wondering if the excitement wouldn't be there if I bought the SAME set. I was looking at the one with wheels, but sounds a little tough for a 4 year old. Then there is the classroom set, but that is pricey.

We have the same set as you, but that's it so far. It's mostly played with by my 6yo, and there are plenty in there to keep him satisfied. We did recently buy a set of gears that he loves playing with. I know it's not what you're asking about, but have you seen these?

http://www.amazon.com/Gears-%C2%AE-Beginners-Building-Set/dp/B00000DMCE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1216222817&sr=1-2

They're really fun!

I made a mistake and got the bigger ones for ds when he was 6 but he still played with them. I also purchased a set of cards to challenge him. Now my 2 year old loves them and I will find her frequently in her room building with kaplas and/or wedgits.

The one with six different colors (it comes with the teacher's guide and cards, too). I will have to wait, though, until I have enough gift certificates to cover the cost.

But now I'm getting confused. Are there different sizes of these things? Like Legos (the little tiny ones that you could choke on) versus the Duplo blocks (that are much larger and take up more space)?

My dc are 6, 8, and 11--I want the smallest type of these new toys as possible (not the ones intended for toddlers).

So...how many sizes do Wedgits come in? Also...I noticed on amazon that they have a pink set and a purple set--but how do I know if these are the same size as the other colors in the classroom set?

Good thing I haven't ordered yet...:001_smile:

We have the same set as you, but that's it so far. It's mostly played with by my 6yo, and there are plenty in there to keep him satisfied. We did recently buy a set of gears that he loves playing with. I know it's not what you're asking about, but have you seen these?

http://www.amazon.com/Gears-%C2%AE-Beginners-Building-Set/dp/B00000DMCE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1216222817&sr=1-2

They're really fun!

These look great for him! Thanks for sharing!