Menu

Wedgits--love them or hate them?

We were at the doctor's office yesterday. My 8.5yo dd is a visual-spatial learner with a newly diagnosed language disorder. At the doctor's office she was enthralled with a strange-looking geometric toy. It reminded me of the description of Wedgits I read on this board long ago.

So, I came home and looked up Wedgits on the internet--and they ARE the toy that kept her so occupied yesterday. She was figuring out amazing ways to arrange the pieces (there were only five or six). It occurred to me that I may have just found the kids' Christmas present.

However, I wonder about the "longevity" of such a toy. How long does it stay appealing? What age range seems to enjoy it most? Is it "worth the money?"

If you have (or used to have) these toys, please weigh in! Especially if you have a special needs child who learns differently, I'd like to know what you think of these...

I'm poised to order today, depending on the responses I get here, so TIA for your input!

We got them two Christmas' ago for my then 7 and 2 year old. They both played with them. The problem was we didn't have enough. I have found they are like any other toy we have... I have to put them away for a few weeks or months and then pull them out of the toy storage. They they LOVE them and play with them for weeks. It is funny you just posted this because I just told my mom this past week - that I needed to get another set for Christmas this year.

His Aunt is a school teacher and she got them for him for Christmas. He loves them and they have added onto the original set several times. There are some for really young kids ( no small pieces) and then you can add on as they get older.

I vote yes!