Menu

Easy Grammar question

Greta

This program caught my eye today because it teaches that "eliminate the prepositional phrases trick". I had one teacher in all my years of public school who taught me that and I loved it, it really made things "click" for me. But I am also a big fan of diagramming, and in the descriptions I've read of EG there has been no mention of diagramming. Does this program teach diagramming at all?

Thanks,

I've used EG with my children and love the way it teaches finding the prepositions first so that you can eliminate prepositional phrases before trying to determine the other parts of speech - extremely practical. I also taught English at a University Model School one semester a few years ago using BJU grammar. Having that EG knowledge helped me teach that grammar class and helped my students as they learned to diagram with the BJU text. I incorporated much of what I learned through using EG into my teaching.

I think EG is great up to grade 6 or so. I would not focus too much on diagramming until middle school, when I would switch to something more intensive and comprehensive such as Analytical Grammar. I think EG prepares younger students very well for diagramming later.