Menu

Immunoglobulins?

I know this is a stretch but I thought someone might be able to give me some more answers on this. I know I have posted about the health issues that I am going through and now I just received news that my lgG test was low. I don't have specific information other then a flag on the test that stated a low test result.

I know that Immunoglobulins are the antibodies to fight infections. I know that is why he tested me, since I am always sick and unable to fight even common colds and why I might have gotten WC twice in a year.

Has anyone had a low count on this and what was the outcome? Should I expect more tesst or is there some kind of fix for this? I have been trying to find info on the internet, but that can be unsettling as well. I do have a current lung problem as well as am I always fighting upper respiratory infections. I also had pre-clampsia with my children, which there seemed to be a connection with but then lots of people seem to have that as well.

Thanks - just wanting to see if I can put my mind at ease tonight until I can talk to the doctor.

I am not a great deal of help, but I know IVIG can be given to help with that, but of course like any blood product there are risks. My only knowledge of IgG numbers is from childhood cancer patients, so the cause of the low number is known, but I do not know if things are different when the cause is unknown. Either way try not to worry unless the doctor gives you reason to worry. Do not Google! There is some scary stuff that is untrue and outdated out there, and that seems to be what we find when we are scared.

:grouphug:

I am not a great deal of help, but I know IVIG can be given to help with that, but of course like any blood product there are risks. My only knowledge of IgG numbers is from childhood cancer patients, so the cause of the low number is known, but I do not know if things are different when the cause is unknown. Either way try not to worry unless the doctor gives you reason to worry. Do not Google! There is some scary stuff that is untrue and outdated out there, and that seems to be what we find when we are scared.

:grouphug:

Very true. I am trying to understand what it is more then all the other reasons why it might be low. They just did 13 test on me last week, which equaled 9 vials of blood and I am just getting results back. So far everything has been good, except this which was low. I think I am most stressed about the Lupus test but don't really think I have it...so just trying to wait everything out. Thanks!

Also, what is IVIG?

Edited by fourcatmom