Menu

PSA just because you failed at something

Does not mean everyone is or will. I have seen this time and again here on the forums but also on FB, irl, etc Where people make a generalization based on the their own or a friend failing that every other person must heed the warning that they are all doomed to fail.

In otherwords if you, your cousin, your neighbor, your hairdresser, that guy that picked his nose in 3rd grade, etc make a poor excuse of a parent/teacher/coach/whatever. Get over it, own the failure and move on. Do not presume that because you/they were too lazy to actually do the job of parenting/teaching/coaching/cooking or whatever else that everyone else is that way. The majority of us will succeed where those other failed because we actually do get off our butts and do what we need to do.

That's all.

Does not mean everyone is or will. I have seen this time and again here on the forums but also on FB, irl, etc Where people make a generalization based on the their own or a friend failing that every other person must heed the warning that they are all doomed to fail.

In otherwords if you, your cousin, your neighbor, your hairdresser, that guy that picked his nose in 3rd grade, etc make a poor excuse of a parent/teacher/coach/whatever. Get over it, own the failure and move on. Do not presume that because you/they were too lazy to actually do the job of parenting/teaching/coaching/cooking or whatever else that everyone else is that way. The majority of us will succeed where those other failed because we actually do get off our butts and do what we need to do.

That's all.

Oh, I don't take it that way. I guess I see it as a "Just so you know...everyone is not successful at this in this way". Doesn't bother me if it doesn't apply to me.