Menu

Got a second affirmation this week

Even amidst the turmoil of DD and the baby daddy situation, good things are happening in my life.

I have discussed in some threads about how being diagnosed with a gluten allergy/intolerance a little over a year ago has changed my life. My family has noticed a significant change in my behavior/attitude/emotional balance, etc. All is good..actually better than ever.

(I sing praises every day the diagnosis came before the baby was born. I cannot imagine how miserable I would have made everyone if I had followed my status quo. I shudder at the thought.)

Well...I love the Boy Scouts and, now that I am no longer the Advancement Chair for the old Troop, have been wanting to volunteer at some new level. A great turn of events occurred. I was asked to be the Bear Den Leader for DS's old Cub Pack. I am so excited. I love that age group and the opportunities available to the Bear Den. I am so excited and honored to be asked.:D

I honestly believe they never would have approached me to be a leader two years ago; I was such a grumpy, unhappy soul.:tongue_smilie: Capable - yes. Willing - yes. Effective - No.

We had our first Den meeting last night and I have 8 boys and three active parents. Five boys are brand new to scouting. I hope and pray I can make a good impact on their lives and show them how much fun scouting can be.

Thanks for letting me share.

--

ETA: about the affirmation part: it just shows me that people other than famliy members are noticing a change in me and that makes me feel good.

Edited by The Dragon Academy