Menu

Is Apologia Chemistry considered AP Chemistry?

I think you would have to do the second honors Chem. for it to be considered AP. My son did the regular Chem. course, a good course but not in-depth enough for AP. You could go on to the college board site and see what material is required for AP.

that their child did both the Apologia Chemistry AND Apologia Advanced Chemistry and earned a "5" on the AP exam. I think you have to do both, however, but I have ZERO experience, so don't rely on me!

That may be me. :blush: You do have to do both courses, though you can get away without having alg. II--but you would have to study logarithms and have a decent working knowledge of them.

I just checked out the college board yesterday for AP physics. It was very helpful. You can do the same for Chemistry. You can download the actual course overview. I thought I would share, AP was one of the things that really intimadated me, But after looking at the sight, it is much easier to tell what the requirement are.