Menu

used furniture question - cost of a couch

Would you pay $100 for a couch in mint condition that is not even 2 years old? It's micro suede. Or should I talk them down? Btw, the family selling it is from our church.

I've never bought used furniture before. :001_unsure:

I would ask if it is in a non-smoking home, (I would ask about pets if that is important to you), I would probably want to know what they paid for it new, where they bought it, was it in a room where it was seldom used or in a room where it was 'well loved,'

and I would absolutely trust my instincts when I saw it. I have purchased gorgeous pieces of furniture off craigslist that truly were never used and were for all intent and purpose 'new.'

If the piece looked anything less than brand new/mint (as you said), I would offer them $75.00

If it truly is mint, I might offer them their asking price -- truly mint.

hth

Would you pay $100 for a couch in mint condition that is not even 2 years old? It's micro suede. Or should I talk them down? Btw, the family selling it is from our church.

I've never bought used furniture before. :001_unsure:

You can't buy gros, very worn couches at the thrift stores here for that price. If it is really mint, I would jump on it before someone else does.