Menu

Need a CD player

KristenR

Okay i am getting really tired of having to turn on my DVD player and get all the crap that's hooked up to it programmed correctly in order to play a CD. (My hubby has all these things added to our TV (Google TV, LogicTech Stuff, extra speakers, additional computer, Wii, etc) and I get so tired of hitting Source and Menu and messing around the speakers to try and get sound just to listen to our Song School Latin CD.

Now that we are going to start SOTW I want to utilize our Jim Weiss CDs but just wanted a nice, easy player that I can carry around with me to whatever room we are working in. I want a regular old fashioned CD player. One with a play and stop button. A repeat feature would be nice.

I don't want something big or flashy. Just simple. (I suppose if I could get the added feature to plug in my ipod or mp3 that might be nice but not a requirement.)

Any suggestions on something cheap yet dependable?

We've bought two from kmart/Wal Mart. They both broke within six months of purchase. (in the $40 range - I wouldn't say that's very cheap but that was the lowest they had)

I'd go with a nicer one from Best Buy with a protection plan. Ours get beat up, obviously :) (paid $99 for it and it's still working GREAT)

HTH

This is what we have. I got it for all the same reasons you mentioned. It's been very convenient. We've had this one for at least 4 years. I should say had b/c Dh took it to work one day and I haven't seen it since. Thank you for reminding me to ask him for it back!