Menu

My goodness at the wait!

I was finally able to call and get my dd7 on the waiting list for dyslexia testing. The lady on the phone told me that it was a six to seven month wait. :ohmy:

I'm very thankful that my dh let me go ahead and get the first level of the Barton program now. I don't want to wait till the first of the year to start helping my baby!

I know how you feel. we have 1 year wait for speech therapy. 1-1.5 year wait for autism eval. and then another 1-2 years after that eval for aba therapy(not private we can't afford it.) i think governments should really do something about this wait times.

BTDT

Make friends with the receptionist. Find out when s/he calls to confirm appointments for the upcoming week and ask if you can call to check if there are any cancellations. Call each week. Indicate that you are willing to come in at a moment's notice if she has a last minute cancellation. Always answer your phone.

I've done this many times. Cancellations do happen and if you are there to pick up the pieces, you will get the appointment. Receptionists don't usually want to make a lot of calls to fill a slot, so if you make your presence felt, you could be the one who is called.