Menu

Posting a quote...

How do you do this? I keep trying and it never turns out right. I know this is probably a "duh" question, but I'd still appreciate the help.

First, are you talking about quoting another commenter/poster? If so, go to there comment box, then press the quote button in the lower right hand corner. After that you will get a box like this "[quote=..." Anyway, between those two boxes (making sure that you don't erase either of them), you erase all but the words that you want quoted. After that, you arrow down below the quote and start your own comment about them.

HTH

How do you do this? I keep trying and it never turns out right. I know this is probably a "duh" question, but I'd still appreciate the help.

If you want to put a quote in your signature, go to User Control Panel, then click "Edit Signature". A screen is displayed. Type in the quote. Edit as desired (ie font size, italics, etc.) Choose the little icon to the left of the # sign if you want quotation marks around the quote. Choose Print Preview to see the quote before saving it as your signature.

First, are you talking about quoting another commenter/poster? If so, go to there comment box, then press the quote button in the lower right hand corner. After that you will get a box like this "[quote name=..." Anyway' date=' between those two boxes (making sure that you don't erase either of them), you erase all but the words that you want quoted. After that, you arrow down below the quote and start your own comment about them.

HTH

Test.

First, are you talking about quoting another commenter/poster? If so, go to there comment box, then press the quote button in the lower right hand corner. After that you will get a box like this "

Test.

If you want to quote what I said then you would have to take out the quote thingamajig in the quotation marks. I think that is why it messed up this last time.

First, are you talking about quoting another commenter/poster? If so, go to there comment box, then press the quote button in the lower right hand corner. After that you will get a box like this "[quote name=..." Anyway' date=' between those two boxes (making sure that you don't erase either of them), you erase all but the words that you want quoted. After that, you arrow down below the quote and start your own comment about them.

HTH

Trying this to see if it works.

HTH

I clicked on the quote button,didn't touch the quote, arrowed down and typed this. But I don't think it is working:confused:

Please, what am I doing wrong?

What mode are you viewing in--linear or hybrid/threaded?

If you're in linear mode, click the icon in the lower right corner of the post you want to quote (the icon with the paper/quill. When you hold your pointer over it the tool tip says "Quick reply to this message.")

Under the area you will type your text, click the "Quote message in reply" checkbox.

If you want to preview your post, click the "Go Advanced" button.

I'll have to do a separate post to tell you how to do it in hybrid mode since I don't use that view.

I'll have to do a separate post to tell you how to do it in hybrid mode since I don't use that view.

In hybrid mode it is the same as my previous suggestion.

In threaded mode, click the "Quote" button in the lower right corner of the post you wish to quote.

Again, you can preview your post to see if you got it.

HTH