Menu

Does Trail Guide to World Geography have a booklist?

Heather in VA

I'm looking for a book list by country to enhance our geography and science studies. I bought Galloping the Globe but it's too young and the books that are old enough are all missionary studies. I'm not looking to do a missionary study. Trail Guide is for older kids but I can't tell if it has a booklist. I am just out of time to create a list myself and for $12 I'd rather just buy something that has one.

Thanks

Heather

If anybody has a link to that kind of a booklist, I'm :bigear:

Me too. I never thought this would be this hard. I asked in a different post if there was such a thing as a secular Galloping the Globe with booklists hoping something like that would have more of the books I'm looking for and less missionary books but there doesn't seem to be one.

I'll be sure to let you know if I find something or share what I do if I end up having to put one together myself.

Heather

I found it!! The 3rd edition of the book 'All Through the Ages' has an entire section organized by countries and regions. Here's a sample from the China page.

http://www.nothingnewpress.com/atta/atta_3rd_edition_china.pdf

I thought they just had a book list organized by historical time period. I think this is what I'm looking for. We are going to be studying animals and habitats around the world and I want books about the places since our study is more focused on the science.

Thanks!!

Heather

I found it!! The 3rd edition of the book 'All Through the Ages' has an entire section organized by countries and regions. Here's a sample from the China page.

http://www.nothingnewpress.com/atta/atta_3rd_edition_china.pdf

I thought they just had a book list organized by historical time period. I think this is what I'm looking for. We are going to be studying animals and habitats around the world and I want books about the places since our study is more focused on the science.

Thanks!!

Heather

That's what I was going to suggest, so I'm glad you found it! :001_smile: