Menu

Wordly Wise 3000 Online

plain jane

Does anybody have a subscription to this? What do your kids think of it and what is retention like?

I'm debating between this and Sadlier-Oxford Vocabulary Workshop for 6th and 3rd. Or I may do CE with my 6th grader but we won't be using other MCT materials this year. Next year in 7th we'll go with WTM recs and use Vocab from Classical Roots but I'd like something until then.

My main goal would be retention but something painless that is enjoyed by the kids is important too. My 2nd grader did WW this year, enjoyed it, but thought it was too much actual pencil to paper work. :rolleyes:

We are loving it so much more than the WW workbooks. We're re-doing Level 3 this fall and so far I can see my daughter has retained the vocabulary words she learned a year ago from the program. With the online version, they give you a pre and post test, similar exercises and passage as the books, and then extra help with words missed. I love how I can see which words she needs help on without grading the books myself.

It has been a success so far for us, but I'll know more in a few months. We've only done the first two lessons of Level 3 so far.

I also have the Vocabulary Workshop Orange level, but the Wordly Wise online is so much more fun and easy to do.

We have VW Green and, honestly, I've let DD7 skip it the past 2 weeks. I was really psyched about it originally, but it now just seems like busy work. Many lessons she just fills in the correct vocab word without even reading the sentences.

I had resigned myself to not replacing VW with anything for awhile (we do so much already!), but then I saw WW online. I'm really liking having the girls play Dreambox after their studies (another recent HSBC purchase) that I'm wondering if WW would be a similar fun (learning) activity we could supplement with. Is there an expiration date for the HSBC offer?

Here's the link to the Wordly Wise 3000 Online on HSBC. According to the FAQ page, the offer is "ongoing", yay!

We purchased three online subscriptions this month through HSBC and all of them are a total success. We got Wordly Wise 3000, which is getting done everyday (was never consistent with vocabulary before). A HUGE hit has been Dreambox (she is playing this now). My daughter also loves her new typing program - Typing Pals.

Past subscriptions are also going great. Meet the Masters is an awesome deal. I plan to start doing Mark Kistler drawing again (yet another online subscription purchased through HSBC). Discovery Education Streaming subscription (which we get every year through HSBC) has a brand new, streamlined, intuitive interface that I am just thrilled with. We travel quite a bit so it's nice to have a few online curriculum choices for when we're on the road.