Menu

Prufrock Press Critical Thinking

Perogi

Can you help me figure out which Prufrock Press books I want for critical thinking?

I'm shopping for students in K, 2 and 4.

Looks like Lollipop Logic is the right choice for my youngest, but I'm not sure what the differences are between the other series - Logic Safari, Logic Countdown, Primarily Logic, etc.

I also have Mindbenders that I'll be doing with my gr 4 student.

Logic Safari is all logic grid puzzles.

Logic Countdown, etc. are a mix of activities.

We did Logic Safari in 1st and 2nd (the first two books, or most of them) and have switched to Logic Countdown this year and I already like that it has a mix better. My kids don't adore the grid puzzles - though we enjoyed them fine.

I find that the Prufrock Press stuff skews a little young. The books seem to be right for the lowest end of the range - in other words, Lollipop Logic says it's good for K-2, but many PreK'ers would do fine with it and it's about right for K, but by 2nd, it would be boring. Ditto the stuff I'm seeing the other series - by the time a kid is at the upper end of the range, it would probably be too easy.