Menu

Greetings from Wisconsin

Hi everyone.

Just found this board and loving it so far. I am married (19 yrs) and have a 18 ds and 11 dd. Both kids go to public school and my dd is in a charter Montessori school. We live in Appleton, WI (just 40 mins. southwest of Green Bay - Go Pack!)

My ds's journey has been very discouraging and altho he is 18 he has not yet graduated (was suppose to this past June). He decided that he didn't want to do homework and repeated a few courses and now is making up electives with work hours (very strange for someone who claims to not like school to spend so much time there :tongue_smilie:)

My dd loves school and is going into 5th grade, I love the Montessori program and am glad she is able to learn so many interesting things at HER pace.

I have been attracted to homeschooling but don't have the patience to figure it out (some ADD on my part) but love to learn and apply some principles I have found.

Welcome, Chris. Glad to know you. Don't worry about your son too terribly much. My brother did the same thing and when he met the right girl he decided he had better buckle down and learn something. He is a software engineer now and has been married to that girl for almost 24 years.

LOL - ewww a Viking fan? :D

I sure hope my ds straighens up - I have done all I can and am so exhausted from the pleading, begging, bribing, nothing has worked but he has told my dh and myself that he is going to graduate - I guess that is a light I see at the end of that very long tunnel.

Hello from Green Bay! Welcome to the sight. Both my dc attended our Montessori for thier 3-6 program and we all really liked it. THIS is the place to pilfer information - this site (well maybe the general board is really just for me:D, but I'm referring to the other boards) and the WTM book has provided me with so much valuable info! Hands down, IMO, the best place for homeschool info!

:seeya: Welcome! I was born in Manitowoc. Go Pack! But, hey, what is up with Brett? Geez, that guy is indecisive.

LOL I totally agree. I knew he couldn't stay away for too long, that guy is so much fun to watch on the field, he really loves the game.