Menu

Potters School - AP Calc

Hi all,

Anyone had any experience with AP Calc taught at the Potters School? I'm trying to quickly decide on an AP Calc AB class for dd. We looked at PA Homescholers, but its a little out of our budget, also looked at Derek Owens, but dd is concerned, his syllabus doesn't have built in time to prepare for the exam. Anyway, can anyone tell you your experience with AP calc through TPS? Pro/Cons? Would you recommend?

Thank you!

My dd took it a few years ago. The teacher wasn't totally on the ball about the exam - she told the class in February they should register for it (my local high school required us to register by December so we would have been scrambling at that late date) plus she thought the highest grade was a 6.:confused:

My dd took it a few years ago. The teacher wasn't totally on the ball about the exam - she told the class in February they should register for it (my local high school required us to register by December so we would have been scrambling at that late date) plus she thought the highest grade was a 6.:confused:

Do you remember if the teacher was Mrs. Crosby?

Did the teacher do a good job preparing your dd (other than the exam date & score!! :lol:) Is it worth the $$? I listened to the online sample and it seems a little slow (gaps between teacher speaking) ... but math was never my fav subject! lol...

thanks for the info