Menu

To lillehei, re: Playmobil Ancient Egypt

Lillehei, you posted this thread in June with info on a big sale Playmobil was having on its Egypt set. I jumped on it because my son's birthday was approaching, plus we'll start the Ancients sometime this year.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! His birthday was Friday and he is now obsessed with all things Egypt. :)

Now I just need to find a pyramid...

Lillehei, you posted this thread in June with info on a big sale Playmobil was having on its Egypt set. I jumped on it because my son's birthday was approaching, plus we'll start the Ancients sometime this year.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! His birthday was Friday and he is now obsessed with all things Egypt. :)

Now I just need to find a pyramid...

I wonder if my daughter would notice if I gave you ours.... :001_huh:

I just bought a second-hand pyramid, with all the parts and the Sphinx, for $60 on eBay ($80 including shipping). I saw one go for $40 the week before without the Sphinx. Just keep watching eBay - they range wildly but a good deal can be found!

I got the set linked to from the Playmobil site and am excited to give it to my kids for DS's birthday! We listened to SOTW in the car all summer and the kids are so into Ancient Egypt right now - I'm sure it's going to be a hit!

I've been ALL over Germany (including playmobil park) looking for the stinkin pyramid. We finally made one out of cardboard....

Check German ebay. I found Indy's Roman coliseum there 2 years ago and got it for about €50 with all the pieces. On Amazon they wanted $300 for it! Probably because it was a discontinued set. Oh, I also got the Viking fort and boat on German ebay. Most package carries can come on post, but if they can't they will send you a slip though Deutsche Post to your mail box in front of your house telling you where to go to pick it up.

Check German ebay. I found Indy's Roman coliseum there 2 years ago and got it for about €50 with all the pieces. On Amazon they wanted $300 for it! Probably because it was a discontinued set. Oh, I also got the Viking fort and boat on German ebay. Most package carries can come on post, but if they can't they will send you a slip though Deutsche Post to your mail box in front of your house telling you where to go to pick it up.

Awesome! I'll do that!