Menu

Why I'm not a morning person

When I woke up this morning, I took an inventory of how I was feeling...

My left heel hurt, and I had to shuffle to the bathroom because walking normally is impossible first thing in the morning.

My kidney area hurt. This was relieved by using the bathroom.

My mid and upper back were sore.

My left shoulder hurt. I injured it in October; it still hurts most of the time.

Both arms ached from falling asleep. Sometimes I have trouble with my arms aching and falling asleep no matter what position I sleep in. I've been dealing with this for the past several days. Other times I have no problems with this at all.

My neck was stiff.

My left ear was plugged from playing in the water yesterday.

My right sinus was plugged from playing in the water yesterday.

I had a headache.

I had mild vertigo.

I felt tired/unrested.

The process of waking up involves taking meclizine (kept in my nightstand) and waiting about half an hour for it to work. Then I get out of bed carefully so I don't fall over and shuffling to the bathroom. Then I crawl back in bed for half an hour to an hour to wake up and wait for the above list to ease a bit. Then I shuffle to the couch to finish waking up. After about two hours, the various discomforts have dulled enough for me to go shower and function.

It's not this bad every day. But days like this means we eat brunch instead of breakfast. :D

Fortunately, after 15 years of marriage, my husband has come to accept that I'll never be a morning person who can just wake up early and start the day. I envy ya'll.

I guess I'm just complaining.

Edited by joannqn

Wow, that would make anyone not a morning person! That sounds like a pretty nasty way to start a day. I'm not a morning person, but I'm not an anytime person :tongue_smilie:. And I don't have any of the reasons you do.

You have earned the right to complain a little.

Wow, that would make anyone not a morning person! That sounds like a pretty nasty way to start a day. I'm not a morning person, but I'm not an anytime person :tongue_smilie:. And I don't have any of the reasons you do.

You have earned the right to complain a little.

:iagree: I am not a morning person, but that is because I am a night owl who stays up well past midnight, so I cannot wake up before 8 lol. If I had aches and pains every morning, then I would be in real trouble! Complain away!