Menu

College Physics by Knight, Jones, & Field...Mastering Physics license question

If we purchase the text new with a Mastering Physics license can our homeschooled student use it to access the additional course material? It seems to me that in my own college classes we always needed to select our school and instructor through the website to access our materials, but maybe not...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am still trying to figure this out. I keep getting bumped from person to person at Pearson with no solid response. I finally just went to the Mastering Physics website and requested a teacher login and password. It takes up to 3 business days to receive. If I am granted teacher access to the site then I'll see how the administrative side of it looks and probably go ahead and order the student access kit.

I'll update when I know more.

Not sure if this is applicable or not, but we purchased a licence code for Mastering Bio and were able to sign in using the code, register my dd, and use the materials without specifying that she was participating in a particular class.

She does happen to be taking a bio class with PAHomeschoolers, but they are not signing up for mastering bio "as a class." They are using the website as individuals, and it seems set up to work either way.

HTH

~Jen

Not sure if this is applicable or not, but we purchased a licence code for Mastering Bio and were able to sign in using the code, register my dd, and use the materials without specifying that she was participating in a particular class.

She does happen to be taking a bio class with PAHomeschoolers, but they are not signing up for mastering bio "as a class." They are using the website as individuals, and it seems set up to work either way.

HTH

~Jen

Intereseting. Thanks, Jen. That seems relevant.