Menu

Mowing after laparoscopy?????

I had my appendix out In January done by lap. I was told I could not lift over 25 pounds for 3 months. That was my biggest restriction. And no heavy exercise for 6 weeks.

To be on the safe side though, I would ask his surgeon. I don't want to say yes and be responsible for him re-opening his wounds.

ETA: I wanted to add that if he feels up to using a riding lawn mower after only 12 days since his surgery, he is doing much better then I was. I had a c-section 13 years ago. And although the lap surgery was nowhere near as bad, it took me a good 3 weeks for me to feel better after having my appendix out. I am glad it is gone and never have to worry about it .Ever.

Edited by dancer67

Well he thinks he feels good and he is doing better than I would be. He asked after the doc was closed so I told him he could try, but that I wasn't really comfortable with it and warned him to stop if he felt uncomfortable. He didn't feel so sure about his choice when he came in less than ten minutes later no mowing for a few more weeks!

• 12 years later...

My husband had his gall bladder removed on Tuesday and he wants to mow the lawn with a riding lawn mower on Friday. He claims he is in no pain and does not take pain meds besides Tylenol. Why can't he mow then?