Menu

Horse people: HELP!!

I have a great gift/surprise for my middle and youngest daughters for Christmas (a trip to a Justin Bieber concert in January). Because we have A LOT of things coming up in the next few weeks/months, including surgery for my husband, I am trying to get some Christmas planning done. Don't hate me. LOL!

Anyway, since I am taking the youngers to a concert, my husband and I would like to find a really great place for he and Anna to go. She is a horse girl. She would probably love a horse show, but I want to make sure it is a...reputable (is that the right word??) show where the horses are well cared for. We live in Western NC, and it has to be close enough for just an overnight trip. IOW, no flying or long distance driving. We are looking for WOW factor! She will be 12 this month in case that makes a difference.

Any ideas???

Does it have to be a show? Could you maybe buy a small couple of rides (like trail rides) for them to go on? I have no idea where you might find those where you are, sorry! I was just thinking she might enjoy being ON the horse some. Unless she already has a horse?

Does it have to be a show? Could you maybe buy a small couple of rides (like trail rides) for them to go on? I have no idea where you might find those where you are, sorry! I was just thinking she might enjoy being ON the horse some. Unless she already has a horse?

She doesn't have a horse, but she takes lessons so she is on a horse weekly. Thank you though!

Found these two worth taking a look if you think it is something she would really enjoy.

http://www.rushshows.com/piedmont.php

http://www.trianglefarms.com/duke-horse-show-2011-2

Thanks. I'll look at those.

Do you know anything about Cavalia?

She doesn't have a horse, but she takes lessons so she is on a horse weekly. Thank you though!

Thanks. I'll look at those.

Do you know anything about Cavalia?

I know both of the linked shows by reputation, at least, as very chic/elite. Would be fun to watch!! I only know personally the shows in OH, so no help there. :tongue_smilie:

My sister saw Cavalia when they were in Phoenix, she said it was amazing and highly recommended we see it if they came to Florida.

Did you mean show involving horses or horse shows (competitions)?

There is a horse intensive show in Orlando, FL called Arabian Nights. A friend to took her dd, they thought the show was fun but they toured the facility and were not impressed with the care of the horses. I have not seen it personally so I don't know how much weight to give that.

Guest submarines

Another idea. I recently found out that an equestrian center near us offers "mother-daughter" weekends on request, which includes trail rides, skiing, meals, etc. Sounded lovely. Maybe there's something like this could be arranged in your area, for a father-daughter adventure.