Menu

cessation of cycle (female content)

How old are you? I ask because mine stopped completely about 10 years ago when i was in my early thirties. Turns out I have a prolactinoma, a tumor on my pituitary gland that basically tricks my body into thinking it's pregnant constantly. I originally went to my gyn (midwives) because like you I hadn't had a period in a few months but knew I wasn't pregnant. They sent me to an endocrinologist who ordered an MRI, diagnosed me with a prolactinoma and then put me on Parlodel to shrink the tumor.

I tried the parlodel but it was AWFUL. I couldn't do it. It made me feel like I had the worst morning sickness EVER, ALL. THE. TIME. I guess that's a pretty typical side effect. Anyway, I swore off the meds, and honestly haven't been back to the dr. since then. I know I should, but I don't. I have no side effects from the tumor other than no periods, which isn't all that tough to deal with! :tongue_smilie:

I really should go back and get checked, but I'm terrible about going to the dr. when I should.

astrid