Menu

LOF: Can I start in the middle?

mama25angels

I'd like to start with Honey, I believe that's where the multiplication begins, since that's what we're learning about in his other program OR should I just get through the other books faster to get to Honey? We're using Apples now, just to give him a feel for the program and he's loving it!! Thanks

How old/what stage of math is "him" at? Boy, I'm ending a lot of sentences with prepositions today! :lol:

You can do anything you want!!! :party:

If he's digging Apples, and engaged in the story, there might be some benefit in doing the whole elementary series (I did so with my dd9, 4th grader, this year after pulling her out of ps, and it helped her re-fall-in-love with math). But of course it is possible to jump in later. Honey is where the author has you start systematically memorizing the times tables, though they are introduced earlier.

How old/what stage of math is "him" at? Boy, I'm ending a lot of sentences with prepositions today! :lol:

You can do anything you want!!! :party:

If he's digging Apples, and engaged in the story, there might be some benefit in doing the whole elementary series (I did so with my dd9, 4th grader, this year after pulling her out of ps, and it helped her re-fall-in-love with math). But of course it is possible to jump in later. Honey is where the author has you start systematically memorizing the times tables, though they are introduced earlier.

Thank you and :iagree:, I think we're just going to go straight through the series. He doesn't struggle with math but I think i'd like for him to catch all the little things in the beginning of the series.

My eldest was already multiplying when we started "Apples" but she still loved it. We've gone pretty quickly through the books, just doing 2 chapters per week and we're now almost done with "Honey" (I'm actually ordering "Ice Cream" right after this post!). I think I would have had a revolt on my hands if I had tried to skip the intervening books between A and H. Good luck :)