Menu

2nd Grader to begin First Lang Lessons

Guest mg121804

Guest mg121804

Should I start my 2nd grader in the Grade 1 First Lang Lessons or go ahead to 2nd grade First Lang Lessons? We previously used Abeka and she is well above her grade level, so we wanted to try something more challenging. Any suggestions? thanks!

If she can tell a common noun from a proper noun, I'd go with 2.

At most I'd look at the table of contents in 1 and make a list of the topics I think she may benefit from doing, but I wouldn't plan on just 1 for a quick second grader.

I started my 1st grader at the beginning near the end of 1st grade last year. She had done a whole 1st grade grammar curriculum and was a bit advanced grade-wise and and older 1st grader, but the way FLL is presented is different than most grammar programs. The good thing about beginning with a 7 yr. old is that you really can speed through 2-3 lessons a day in just 5-10 min. and they still retain it quite well. We are almost ready to begin the 2nd grade portion after just about 3 months working through it.