Menu

Favorite World Map?

I need to buy a world map. But, my classroom is in my dining room....right in the middle of everything. I would like a map that is less "school-like" and somewhat pretty since it will be viewed by every person that enters my home. Yet, I need it to be laminated, accurate, and easy-to-read.....and cheap! I am not hard-to-please :001_smile:. Am I shooting for the moon? Any ideas?

Jennifer

I wanted to say it doesn't have to be in your dining room. Could you get a nice globe for the dining room, then hang a map elsewhere? (That's what we've done. Besides, they say getting up and moving around is a good thing. :P)

We have a lighted hallway, and the maps are there. A tiny postcard state map, dollar store US map, and the big world map from Borders. I'm planning to get a bigger US map, then do something like this, but with the maps side-by-side.

• 1 month later...
I wanted to say it doesn't have to be in your dining room. Could you get a nice globe for the dining room, then hang a map elsewhere? (That's what we've done. Besides, they say getting up and moving around is a good thing. :P)

We have a lighted hallway, and the maps are there. A tiny postcard state map, dollar store US map, and the big world map from Borders. I'm planning to get a bigger US map, then do something like this, but with the maps side-by-side.

I love this idea! I purposely bought smaller maps so I could put the pictures around it!

Jennifer

This option might not be detailed enough for what you are looking for but I wanted to share for those with younger kids. It's a quilted world map that my mom made for us and we hang it proudly for all to see. A nice advantage is we can take it down and run around on it and drape it around us like a blanket.

I know she got the fabric panel for under $10 at JoAnne's. I see it available online