Menu

??? for those who've used MOH Ancients

I received our MOH Ancients book. I really want a program that puts the Old Testament history with the rest of ancient history, which this has. However, I feel like this is more Old Testament history with very little other history. I want to spend more time on Egypt, Greece, and Rome than this has. I want to add in Famous Men of Rome and Greece as well as K12 Human Odyssey Vol. 1.

Does anyone else feel like MOH Ancients is too light in other history outside Israel and what have you done about that? Please include any schedule you made if you have it.

Thank you!!

I'm doing both MOH 1 and SOTW 1 this year. I couldn't decide between the two. I felt that MOH didn't have enough other history and that SOTW didn't have enough Biblical history. I'm going to use MOH as my spine and then add in the SOTW chapters where they fit. ;)

Well, I'm right there with you in wanting to expand on the secular history that is not included in MOH. While I very much appreciate MOH, I also feel that there is a significant amount of non-Biblical "stuff" that it is important to cover as well.

So, I have opted to do as Forgiven mentioned and will combine with SOTW 1. We will also include the Biblioplan Companion, as well as some other resources specific to Egypt, Greece and Rome. I don't have my schedule completed yet to share, but I do know that I will actually combine some of the Biblical lessons to make room for the additions.

Have you checked out GuestHollow's free Ancient history plan? I know that she added SOTW and the Usborne Encyclopedia to MOH (plus oodles and scads of additional reading) in her schedule. I would have loved to just use hers, but prefer to study history 4 days a week....

I'm doing both MOH 1 and SOTW 1 this year. I couldn't decide between the two. I felt that MOH didn't have enough other history and that SOTW didn't have enough Biblical history. I'm going to use MOH as my spine and then add in the SOTW chapters where they fit. ;)

This is what we are doing as well. We are using SOTW audio and following the schedule here . We do the activities from both as we see fit.

Do you do the timeline aspect of either/both books? I'm having a bit of trouble reconciling the date differences b/w the two spines. Right now we're going with MOH for most of it, but I'd like to know what others do.

Well, I'm right there with you in wanting to expand on the secular history that is not included in MOH. While I very much appreciate MOH, I also feel that there is a significant amount of non-Biblical "stuff" that it is important to cover as well.

So, I have opted to do as Forgiven mentioned and will combine with SOTW 1. We will also include the Biblioplan Companion, as well as some other resources specific to Egypt, Greece and Rome. I don't have my schedule completed yet to share, but I do know that I will actually combine some of the Biblical lessons to make room for the additions.

Have you checked out GuestHollow's free Ancient history plan? I know that she added SOTW and the Usborne Encyclopedia to MOH (plus oodles and scads of additional reading) in her schedule. I would have loved to just use hers, but prefer to study history 4 days a week....

Thanks for the rec. I'm off to check out GuestHollow.