Menu

Personal/Moral dilemma (CC)

Golly, Heather. What a way to grow up. Ruth Graham would have said: "Why make Christianity look so unattractive?" My SIL once tried to tell me that I was not a Christian if I did not speak in tongues. We left their church shortly after and have been happy in our faith ever since.

You just need to be gently forthright:

Mom, you know I love you biggie bunches, and I appreciate your concern over my spiritual welfare. But this church just isn't the one for me. I appreciate your prayers in helping me find my way, and I'm sure that God will show me which one is right for me.

And then gently refuse to discuss it further. :)

:iagree:

I know that is tough. It seems to be a conversation something like: "I'm really glad you guys are enjoying your church. I appreciate you inviting us to try it out. It's not for me, so I'm not going to keep going. You guys have a great time." :)

I wouldn't get into any conversation at all (personally) about your "whys". Typically those never get past them just trying to explain why you have it wrong and how to "help" you. :) *I* would just continue on a rinse and repeat of "Thanks but no thanks. Love you!" :)

Church makes things so tricky amongst family sometimes. :)

:iagree:This, too!

BTW, according to the definition of hell you share, there would be nobody in heaven but Jesus! All people do wrong, all sin.