Menu

Rightstart math

mom2agang

Yes, you need the RightStart Teacher's book and student activity books. You will likely be able to group them together. Rightstart B contains a quicker version of RS A. But depending on the ages of your children you might want to get just B.

The RightStart folks are great about answering questions if you need to contact them directly.

Can someone explain this to me? Is it for K-7th? I bought Videotext for Highschool and want to use rightstart for the younger ones. DO I need something in between Right start and Videotext Algebra?

We're not all the way through the right start levels by any means (we are mid way through C), but from what I gather on the Right Start yahoo group, some users go right from Geometry (aka level G) to video text A (which I guess is pretty equivalent to pre algebra) at what ever age they are either done with or part way thru G. I thin you can do parts of video text A concurrently with G (again from what I have read, not personal experience).

But, some people feel their child is too young or not well enough prepared for VT level A (could be as young as late 5th grade if you started RS A in K and were able to do one RS level per year and wanted to start VT when the RS author recommends it, half way thru G). So some people use other programs in between.

I thin it is pretty common though for students to take more than one year on at least one of the levels, which would bump up the age and maturity for starting VT A.