Menu

Gmail question... it's driving me crazy!

Hey there!

In my gmail acct, responses go to the bottom of the page, so I have to scroll down the email to see the newest response. I use the acct for business and it really and truly is driving me crazy!

I have searched through gmail settings and I don't see anywhere to change it. I googled my question numerous ways, but the closest results pertain to leaving an automated response when on vacation. No one else's acct seems to do this, but I don't remember doing anything special when I set up the acct.

Help!!!

Under "Settings", you should have a tab labeled "Inbox". Go to that and see what your "Inbox Type" is set to. I have mine set to "Classic" (and I don't have the problem you're describing). You could try setting yours to "Unread first", which will list your newest messages first - I would assume that would fix the problem.

HTH! :)

Hidden Jewel, Yes!!! That's exactly what I mean! Know how to fix it? :-)

Dandelion, I tried your advice, and sent mail back and forth between another acct and gmail, but no luck. That setting impacts the order of the emails in the inbox but not responses within an email. Thanks for trying! :-)

Hidden Jewel, Yes!!! That's exactly what I mean! Know how to fix it? :-)

Dandelion, I tried your advice, and sent mail back and forth between another acct and gmail, but no luck. That setting impacts the order of the emails in the inbox but not responses within an email. Thanks for trying! :-)

Under settings you can adjust it so it doesn't group conversations together. Maybe that would work better for you? On the first page of settings set it to "conversation view off" and see if that works better for you.

Under settings you can adjust it so it doesn't group conversations together. Maybe that would work better for you? On the first page of settings set it to "conversation view off" and see if that works better for you.

I like the conversations grouped together, I just don't like that the responses are at the bottom. It's not like that for all gmail users so there must be some way to change it...

I like the conversations grouped together, I just don't like that the responses are at the bottom. It's not like that for all gmail users so there must be some way to change it...

Your best bet might just be to "minimize all" when you first open a conversation. Then it will show the last one.

Hmm.. my responses in conversations are always at the bottom but it minimizes the prior parts if they've been read. It's been that way since I've had gmail and was unaware that it was different for some people.

Me, too. I only see the text of the newest one, unless I expand all the back and forth above it. Weird.