Menu

What reading level are the Cat in the Hat books?

plmzk

Just curious.

What level or grade do you think those books are? Like Big Dog...Little Dog; One fish two fish, red fish, blue fish; etc.

Or at least at what age were your kids able to read those (even if they needed a few corrections)?

We've got a lot of them :tongue_smilie:

Theres a couple that are ok for just beginning to sound out, and others are a bit more advanced (quite a bit more :001_huh: here I was thinking they would be great for beginning reading, so started taking one after another off the shelf and going "nope, nope, nope"

I finally found "I can read!" on my shelf which is like three books in one (starts off with the "pup in cup" type thing for 3? pages, then mouse/house etc. It was good for her tonight as I was trying to get her to "recognize" the ending sound being the same, so if she "sounded" it once, she would realize its the same ending word, and only have to "sound" the beginning. She got a sticker on her forehead for the effort :D

Sorry can't be of more help, I don't really know "levels" I think I picked up the red fish, blue fish and it wasn't suitable either (for her) so not sure where abouts your DC is in reading. I sort of ignore levels/grades/numbers :tongue_smilie:

ok, thank you.

We were having a discussion with a few other moms and we couldn't come to a consensus. Good to know that they range quite a bit.

I don't have a lot of them, just a few and my DD(6) can read them with some help and a little understanding (native language- Russian)