Menu

s/o of s/o Roku?

Those of you who have Roku, do you have this and stream videos/Tv in lieu of paying for cable/ dish etc? Are you able to watch current prime time shows through Hula?

Ive been thinking this might be a less expensive approach than paying for Dish. Anybody have any pros or cons to doing this?

We watch regular prime time via antenna. I (generally) don't watch the shows that are available on Hulu, so we don't have Hulu Plus (which you need to subscribe to, to stream via Roku, last I checked). If I didn't have antenna, and liked the current shows they have (Fox/ABC series, primarily) the $7.99 would be worth it.

We've never had dish/cable/satellite. We went from antenna to roku (netflix streaming) and I supplement by watching Hulu (not plus) on my computer when I want to watch a current show. I don't watch ABC shows because they aren't on Hulu and I don't get them with my antenna. I refuse to visit a bunch of websites to watch tv. If they aren't on hulu or netflix I don't watch them.