Menu

New Franklin Arithmetic/Number Recognition for Older Students

Hunter

I found a new to me vintage arithmetic series, with answer key.

New Franklin Arithmetic Book 1

New Franklin Arithmetic Arithmetic Book 2

Answer Key Book 1 and 2

Unfortunately the key doesn't start until page 91 of book 2, as is so typical of these older keys. They feel that a key is unnecessary for the easy problems :tongue_smilie:

What I like about this series, is that Book One is a review of primary number recognition as well as introducing more difficult problems at the same time. The first page starts by introducing recognition of the numbers 1 and 2, but then adds in fractions by the second page. If anyone had been reading vintage or Waldorf teacher's manuals, and has been wanting to introduce number recognition to an older student, you might like this series.

There is a Franklin Primary book, but unfortunately it does not have an answer key. I wonder if I have the patience to create one. It's only 50 lessons and it would help me become more familiar with the Grube Method.

I've purposely been doing most of the Climbing to Good English lessons myself as the teacher's manual instructs.

Maybe lack of TMs for the vintage books isn't a problem, if I really want to become proficient at teaching from any of them.

• 1 year later...

There is a Franklin Primary book, but unfortunately it does not have an answer key. I wonder if I have the patience to create one. It's only 50 lessons and it would help me become more familiar with the Grube Method.

I've purposely been doing most of the Climbing to Good English lessons myself as the teacher's manual instructs.

Maybe lack of TMs for the vintage books isn't a problem, if I really want to become proficient at teaching from any of them.

Hunter, we're just the opposite- I need everything in print, as I dislike using ebooks (I'm a Luddite that way!). Any idea where/if I could get the Franklin Primary in print?