Menu

I made bacon mayo

So I have been saving bacon grease for the past days...not that it takes long to fill up a jar :lol:

I have wanted to make a bacon grease mayo for long time and finally did. I used half bacon grease and half canola, because I still don't know what flavorless oil I should be using for the best healthy option.

It is divine. I would think using all grease would be too thick.

ETA: It has been in the fridge overnight and still scoopable.

WOW!

I have had that thought for awhile, but have not attempted it.

You are truly my hero. :cheers2:

I think the fat off sets the beer somehow :tongue_smilie:. I did not make a huge batch thinking it may not turn out right, but it is SO good. I just did like my regular mayo and subbed half grease:

1 egg yolk

1 tblsp lemon juice

1/2 tsp dry mustard

ground white pepper (or whatever pepper)

I used a tiny pinch of sea salt since bacon is salty and it seems perfectly seasoned.

I don't know if I did exactly half....probably more like 1/2 cup bacon greast and 1/4 cup canola. It is quite thick but you only need to leave it out a few minutes and it is softer. ANd anyways, how long is this gonna last LOL.

I use an immersion blender and just make like any mayo. Whisk/beat the egg with everything besides the oil, then drip the oil slowly.