Menu

Those of you who use Apologia science...

foofoobunny

We followed the suggested lesson plans for each day that are included in the front of the journal/workbooks. We do Science 2 days a week. Often times, we didn't do all the activities (they didn't seem all that interesting), so I was able to combine two days' worth of lesson plans into one day.

We do science daily and read about 2-3 pgs per day. Activities and experiments get one day each with no reading those days. It takes us about 25 weeks to get through a book this way, and then we do a different science for the rest of the year. The short daily lessons helped my kids with retention. When we tried to only use the books twice a week, mine would forget too much.

We used it before with a 4-6th grader who used it on his own working through 2 books a year. This year I am going to be doing Astronomy with a 2nd grader using the Notebook journal from Apologia. They scedule reading/notebook 2x a week but I think the readings need to be less each day then scheduled so we are going to work on it 4x a week.