Menu

How many science curriculums are too many :P

AimeeM

Seriously.

I want Behold and See 6 (as a spine; scientific method, some earth science without overkill in that area... and, since our plan is to return her to Catholic school after this next year, she needs to learn to work from a textbook).

I want TOPS Physics units.

I want Ellen McHenry "Cells", "The Brain", and "Carbon Chemistry".

But I don't think we can fit them all in...

:lol:

Can't tell you...we have a few too many in my want to do list.

Basically all the remaining elementary apologia books, apologia physical science, the various other topics I want to cover not in those (habitats, biomes, oceanograpy), ellen mchenry's programs-all of them, plus random lapbooks and nature study.

Yeah we are not covering all that unless we had a science only homeschool. So the littles will do the elementary apologia books (2 this year) and hopefully the bigs will over hear. THe bigs with do apo physical science. All will do random lapbooks as time allows and nature study.

Ellen mc henry and the other science topics will have to be put off for next year.

Can't tell you...we have a few too many in my want to do list.

Basically all the remaining elementary apologia books, apologia physical science, the various other topics I want to cover not in those (habitats, biomes, oceanograpy), ellen mchenry's programs-all of them, plus random lapbooks and nature study.

Yeah we are not covering all that unless we had a science only homeschool. So the littles will do the elementary apologia books (2 this year) and hopefully the bigs will over hear. THe bigs with do apo physical science. All will do random lapbooks as time allows and nature study.

Ellen mc henry and the other science topics will have to be put off for next year.

Having done McHenry's "The Elements" I am, unfortunately, already addicted to her units. I have to figure out a way to fit them in. Must. Lol.

What can I cut to make room :tongue_smilie:.

Having done McHenry's "The Elements" I am, unfortunately, already addicted to her units. I have to figure out a way to fit them in. Must. Lol.

What can I cut to make room :tongue_smilie:.

Math.

:lol:

That's how my kids would respond at least if I asked them.

I have even used any of the McHenry units and I'm already planning out my next three years of science to include them. :tongue_smilie:

I'd probably cut out a unit or two from the textbook. She'll still get the experience of working out of one, but she's going to be learning out of science textbooks for the next 6+ years. Have a little fun while you can. :)

I have even used any of the McHenry units and I'm already planning out my next three years of science to include them. :tongue_smilie:

I'd probably cut out a unit or two from the textbook. She'll still get the experience of working out of one, but she's going to be learning out of science textbooks for the next 6+ years. Have a little fun while you can. :)

Oh I hope to gloss over a few units in the text, so maybe it CAN be done! Lol. Since we will be covering tons of physical science with the TOPS and McHenry units, I can cut most of that from the text? Maybe? Lol.

I wondering if I *need* that spine, frankly. As you said, she will be working from one for so many years still. This is our last year at home (for her). Since she is naturally science inclined, I want to have fun with it this year. I am afraid she'll miss something without it though. I'm not sure what she'll miss (other than the chapters on earth science)... but...

Edited by AimeeM

Autumn would suggest language arts - in its entirety (reading, spelling, grammar, and writing). Lol.

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

I plan to do Brain, Cells, and Elements (combining pieces of Elements with RSO Chem) for next year. :D Call me crazy. Doesn't bother me. :lol: Chem 2 days a week, Brain the rest, until we finish it, then replace that with Cells.

Edited by LittleIzumi