Menu

Look who came to dinner!

post-54900-1353508708426_thumb.jpg

Sadly, s/he isn't ours to keep. This is the neighbor's pet rabbit, who escaped and came to dine on our clover for the second evening in a row ... they weed prevent in their yard, poor wabbit! It took some doing to catch it, but they weren't home and I didn't want it to wander to far off into the woods beside our house (and across the street from theirs! I'm so afraid we are going to find mashed rabbit one day!) We kept it until they got home and snuggled with it, although it had been in the mud/rain and boy was it smelly!!

But.....now I want a rabbit! :tongue_smilie:

I did use this as a fabulous gotcha on DH. DD's birthday is this weekend and I sent him a pic that says "LOOK WHAT WE HAVE!", when he asks if I'm serious I'm just going to say "You said we could get her present early!" LOL ;) I'll let him twist a bit on that one!

Edited by Ghee

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! How adorable. I love that you're messing with your DH too. I would SO do that. :D

Catching bunnies isn't easy so kudos. They tend to have a real weakness for sweet foods though so if it happens again you could try luring it with a little bit of sweet fruit - bananas tend to be a particular favorite.