Menu

My iPod died. What other brands of MP3 players would you suggest?

I've loved my iPod, but I'm interested in spending a little less. My daughter bought a Zune a few months ago. I like the fact that it has an FM tuner, but I just don't like the software interface as much.

Are there other MP3 players out there that sport the FM tuner that you all like?

Honestly?

I wouldn't switch off an iPod, I'd just get a Nano. Every person I know who has bought an iPod alternate has had compatibility issues with it and has ended up back with the iPod.

I'm starting to think we're going to end up with iWorld in terms of multimedia electronics...

asta

Honestly?

I wouldn't switch off an iPod, I'd just get a Nano. Every person I know who has bought an iPod alternate has had compatibility issues with it and has ended up back with the iPod.

asta

You mean some of the songs they'd previously downloaded wouldn't play on their new Mp3? Or what kind of compatibility issues were there?

I am reticent to switch from iPod. I've been pleased!

I have a Creative Vision M (love it and listen to it everyday). It's two years old has never given me a stitch of trouble. My kids each of a Creative Nano Plus -- no troubles with theirs. I just bought myself a small Creative stone for running. Truthfully I bought it because it was small and on sale.

We have had no trouble with our Creative products and would buy another one in an instant.

I don't know what you mean by died, but I just had mine replaced by Apple for $70. Evidently, the batteries die after a time and need to be replaced. Since mine wasn't under warranty anymore, I had to pay the $70, but it was worth the new iPod they sent me (same model, less scratches). Also, I received the replacement in just 4 days!

Now my only problem is that my playlists are on my external harddrive, but I can't find the power cord...go figure!