Menu

Giving up cable??

And I don't even have to make the boys stand by the TV, all Karate Kid style, or anything.

Yabbut the gub'mint is going all digital in February. Which'll be in the middle of AI, no? Does she have a converter box? I don't know! Will her TV work then? I don't know. WHY SHE WANT TO LEEEEEAAAVE ME?

LANEY, SPEAK TO ME! Will you be watching with me, or will all the magic be gone?!

Yabbut the gub'mint is going all digital in February. Which'll be in the middle of AI, no? Does she have a converter box? I don't know! Will her TV work then? I don't know. WHY SHE WANT TO LEEEEEAAAVE ME?

LANEY, SPEAK TO ME! Will you be watching with me, or will all the magic be gone?!

:lol:

I'm sorry!! I haven't done it yet. I am going there today to see what my options are. I meant to go the other day but got help up in the grocery store and some other places.:glare:

We cancelled our cable a few years ago. I'll be honest - sometimes I still miss it! I loved Lifetime (in the mornings with the silly sitcoms like Designing Women), Animal Planet, SciFi, HGTV. TLC.... and the kids still say they miss watching Boomerang. I LOVED Noggin for the kids (they watched WAY too much of it).

But, here we are, years later, and we've survived. Lo and behold, we've managed to find other stuff to watch on - *gasp* - regular TV. Dh has a little computer hooked up to our TV so we do get the HD channels that are currently available, so we can watch RTN with all the really cool shows like Mission Impossible, Get Smart, Perry Mason, Hawaii Five-o, the A-Team, Knight Rider.... the list goes on, LOL!

(I'll tell you a secret - the little TV in my bedroom gets HGTV, the Travel Channel, the Food Network and the Hallmark Channel for reasons unbeknownst to me. Sometimes, I watch them.)

You *can* survive without cable. Every now and then I wish we could have it again, but not badly enough to pay for it!