Menu

Sword Fighting reviews

edeemarie

For those of you that use or have used this book what did you think of it? I am thinking of using it with ds8, who is in need of some character training right now. Do you feel the message from the book stays with them? How do you use it? Do you do it all in one year or spread it out? Any information you would care to share would be great! Thanks so much!

I'm no help except to say that I have it and plan on using it this year for DD6. I got it quite inexpensively from one of the online used book vendors (thriftbooks or alibris or something). I generally love all things Karyn Henley, so I have great hopes (we also use many of her Bibles for kids).

For those of you that use or have used this book what did you think of it?

I've used it off and on for years with my kids; obviously we like it. :001_smile: It's short 'n sweet, doesn't need prep time, not fluffy, and gets the job done.

I am thinking of using it with ds8, who is in need of some character training right now. Do you feel the message from the book stays with them?
Yes, it does. We make it a family affair so we all end up reminding each other to be humble (or whatever the weekly topic is). The verses are short enough to be picked up by the little ones, too.

How do you use it? Do you do it all in one year or spread it out? Any information you would care to share would be great! Thanks so much!
We do it at the end of our family wide memory time, five days a week, by just picking it up and doing what's next. Depending on the week we'll either skip two of the lessons for a trait, or just let it drag into next week. That's all decided on the fly. (There are seven short lessons for each trait, and 52 traits.)

I've used it off and on for years with my kids; obviously we like it. :001_smile: It's short 'n sweet, doesn't need prep time, not fluffy, and gets the job done.

Yes, it does. We make it a family affair so we all end up reminding each other to be humble (or whatever the weekly topic is). The verses are short enough to be picked up by the little ones, too.

We do it at the end of our family wide memory time, five days a week, by just picking it up and doing what's next. Depending on the week we'll either skip two of the lessons for a trait, or just let it drag into next week. That's all decided on the fly. (There are seven short lessons for each trait, and 52 traits.)

Thank you so much for your explanations! I did order it, so now we just have to wait until it arrives. I love the idea of the the whole family doing it, but right now I think my son needs some 1-on-1 time desperately so we may start with him and see how it goes. If we like it we will probably continue with the youngers. Hoping for good things!