Menu

Got Draw & Write Thru History Medieval yesterday.

It's the first Draw and Write Through History book I've purchased, and I regret not getting one sooner. I thought they'd be too religious, but the only reference was in a sentence about dragons that starts out, "Some creationist scientists believe . . . " and ends, "You may want to do research on that after you draw."

My child is thrilled to have guidance in creating impressive sketches for his history notebook. The drawings are very detailed, color images, not at all the silly stick figure drawings I've seen in other "Learn to Draw Specific Object" type books. I was surprised to see that it includes a pagoda and a samurai, not just western items. I wish they had left out the generic dragon and princess, but the inclusion of a Viking longhouse and a greyhound makes up for it.

Rose, thanks for posting this. My two really enjoy drawing but I've been so focused on not acquiring more books that just sit on the shelf that I forget that a new thing now and then might be good. We are starting ancients again this year and I think I will take a peek at some.

Connie

Rose, can you tell me the author, and which vendor you purchased the Medieval book through? Thanks

Duh!

Draw and Write Through History: The Vikings, the Middle Ages and the Renaissance by Carylee Gressman

That's kind of tricky, too, since the company itself doesn't have it up on their website yet. I got it at Rainbow Resource. Here's the listing.

Duh!

Draw and Write Through History: The Vikings, the Middle Ages and the Renaissance by Carylee Gressman

That's kind of tricky, too, since the company itself doesn't have it up on their website yet. I got it at Rainbow Resource. Here's the listing.

Thank you, Rose! This book will go perfectly with our Middle Ages study next term. I'm thinking of purchasing the Greece & Rome Book to use for Classical Studies.

It's the first Draw and Write Through History book I've purchased, and I regret not getting one sooner.

My child is thrilled to have guidance in creating impressive sketches for his history notebook. The drawings are very detailed, color images, not at all the silly stick figure drawings I've seen in other "Learn to Draw Specific Object" type books. I was surprised to see that it includes a pagoda and a samurai, not just western items. I wish they had left out the generic dragon and princess, but the inclusion of a Viking longhouse and a greyhound makes up for it.

Thanks for giving this review, I've been considering them.

and I regret not getting one sooner. I thought they'd be too religious

This was my concern as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mom2seven

Just stumbled upon this discussion, and thought I would say a few words. 1st, I'm excited to tell you that Draw and Write Through History : The Vikings, The Middle Ages.... is now available on our website drawandwrite.com. There are many other vendors who carry them, ie: millerpadsandpaper.com, thebookpeddler.us, rainbow resources, etc.

2nd....I'm glad you are enjoying our books! Thanks for the wonderful discussion on them. Hope you have a great school year!

Carylee Gressman

homeschoolblogger.com/drawandwritehistorymom