Menu

Boscopup, I have another question about your printer

Which printer are you talking about? I've mentioned two...

The Brother 2270 DW is a black/white laser printer. It prints duplex automatically. You just select that when telling it what to print, and it will flip the pages for you. You don't have to turn pages around or any of that. This printer is often found on sale for about $80, and the toner is $44 on Amazon (name brand). There is also generic toner, but I haven't tried it. The toner is high yield and prints 2600+ pages. I got 1000 pages on the starter toner that was supposed to do 700 pages, so if you use the "toner save" mode on everything you print, you should get quite a bit of pages out of a toner cartridge. I expect to get over 3000 pages on mine.

The HP OfficeJet 8600 Plus is a color inkjet/scanner/copier/fax/etc. It also has auto duplex, and you can scan multiple pages at one time in duplex mode (it sucks a page in, scans both sides, then spits it out in a different spot and moves on to the next page, storing all the contents of the pages in a PDF file on a USB stick). I don't know how much this is or what good deals there are, as we were replacing an all in one that got damaged in a fire, so insurance paid for the replacement. There certainly may be models that do the same thing for less money. I just don't know. The ink cartridges are all separate, so if one color runs out, you only have to replace that one. I think the ink is fairly reasonably priced, and I've heard that you can get a lot of pages out of the ink. We haven't had to replace any ink yet though, as the printer is only a couple months old, if that. I just LOVE it for the multi-page, two-sided scanning capability. Note that this printer is a behemoth. It makes my laser printer look small. :lol:

Hope that helps!

Which printer are you talking about? I've mentioned two...

The Brother 2270 DW is a black/white laser printer. It prints duplex automatically. You just select that when telling it what to print, and it will flip the pages for you. You don't have to turn pages around or any of that. This printer is often found on sale for about $80, and the toner is $44 on Amazon (name brand). There is also generic toner, but I haven't tried it. The toner is high yield and prints 2600+ pages. I got 1000 pages on the starter toner that was supposed to do 700 pages, so if you use the "toner save" mode on everything you print, you should get quite a bit of pages out of a toner cartridge. I expect to get over 3000 pages on mine.

Thanks to your post, I put this on my homeschool expense list for next year. DH just bought cartridges for my canon color printer ($$!!!) and decided that my "business case" for purchasing this printer was worthwhile. So I get to order this one in a couple weeks. :hurray: I'm sooooooooo tired of paying too much for printer cartridges. I really only print in b&w anyway!