Menu

Look at this dreamy playroom! Link inside...

We had one of these when I was a kid, and I would LOVE to have one now! It is a multi-purpose game board. Kids can play checkers, backgammon, even bumper pool (ours came with kid-sized cue sticks!). And we used it for puzzles and doing coloring books and lots of other things.

play_cubbies.jpg

I looked at it. And I thought about what it would look like if it were my kids' room: all of those legos and bionicles all over the floor and the books stacked precariously in piles that threaten to collapse and kill us all. And I shuddered.

I looked at it. And I thought about what it would look like if it were my kids' room: all of those legos and bionicles all over the floor and the books stacked precariously in piles that threaten to collapse and kill us all. And I shuddered.

:lol: With the exception of the pile at the end of DD5's bed (she's convinced she'll wake in the night and need those books), our books don't get stacked in piles. They're more like stepping stones, each in a various stage of consumption, with bookmarks in every single one. I hate to discourage a kid from reading, but man!

http://lostbuttonstudio.blogspot.com/2008/04/playroom-makeover.html

I would love that lego table in our homeschool room for read alouds!

That's very cool.

We are going to make a Lego table similar to this one for Luke's upcoming birthday. The cool thing is the Trofast buckets fit into frames and work like drawers, so he can switch out the buckets in his table as he needs to.

That's a neat site - thanks for linking it. I'm going to go look around at it some more.

We are going to make a Lego table similar to this one for Luke's upcoming birthday.

I thought the one in the OP's link was cool...but I LOVE this one!

Hmm...if only there was some way to subconsciously convince husbands about helping with projects like this. (Gazes into space, thoughtfully) Maybe that will be my gift to the world...figuring out how to take the subliminal self-help tape market (the ones you listen to while sleeping) and turn it around so that you can use it on other people.

"You want to help your wife build a Lego table...it would add meaning to your life...lounging and watching TV instead of helping your wife build a Lego table will seem distasteful now..."

I thought the one in the OP's link was cool...but I LOVE this one!

Hmm...if only there was some way to subconsciously convince husbands about helping with projects like this. (Gazes into space, thoughtfully) Maybe that will be my gift to the world...figuring out how to take the subliminal self-help tape market (the ones you listen to while sleeping) and turn it around so that you can use it on other people.

"You want to help your wife build a Lego table...it would add meaning to your life...lounging and watching TV instead of helping your wife build a Lego table will seem distasteful now..."

Bud's not too excited about it because Luke's birthday is in August.

Him: "I don't do shop projects in August. It's too hot to be in the garage."

Me: "I gave birth twice in August and once in July. Get the saw out, Sweetheart." :D