Menu

BJUP geography

Any of you who have used this course with the DVDs, can you give me some insight? I am wondering how much the DVDs added to and helped the course be more interesting, etc. How did the DVDs work on a day by day basis? How much time did your student spend daily on this course including the DVDs? Was there a lot of map work involved? If you do this course online, does it tell you exactly what to do each day?

Also, if you did the grammar, writing and literature course, did it tie into the geography course too?

I am thinking about doing this next year and adding in some missionary, world literature, culture books, etc to dig in deeper. Any advice would be very helpful!

I started to give you a reply and figured I wasn't the most qualified. As far as the the lit, yes there's integration. You can see all the selections in the toc by looking at the BJUPhomeschool website. Great samples there. They also have samples of the dvds for each subject and info on the lesson # and length. Frankly, I'm wondering what they were thinking when they chose Jamie Schwingle, sorry. I think the samples look abominable. I would have used it straight if they had been better. I bought the subject kit and sent that back too. However with that it's just that it doesn't fit my student well. I like it as curriculum, yes. There's appropriate map work (one for each section), but I wouldn't call it a LOT. I could certainly imagine a lot more.

I ended up buying a set of just the tm's for it used and I have this vision for how I can use it selectively, rather than using the whole thing straight. So I guess just look at the online samples and see what you think. Maybe your kid will look at it and LOVE it, who knows, lol.

I am thinking about doing this next year and adding in some missionary, world literature, culture books, etc to dig in deeper. Any advice would be very helpful!

This is what we'll be doing this year. I think the texts look great and the TE provides some suggestions for digging deeper with literature, outside sources and discussion.