Menu

ds8 funny for the night

while cooking dinner tonight ds8 came storming into the house furious with ds13. He loudly announces "A is a liar!" Now A had been in the house with me so I couldn't figure out what he was talking about.

ds8 says " He said G's brother could stand on his bike and do a no hander...well I tried standing up and doing a 1 hander and I fell down. Now my armpit hurts, my hand hurts, my leg hurts. He is a liar!"

And off he stormed.

LOL, a little logic problem there.

no kidding. of course being the bad mommy I burst out laughing before asking him if he was okay. he was so angry at ds13. Once I stopped laughing we did talk about how *him* chosing to riding his bike that way and falling has nothing to do with ds13 nor does it mean the friend could not do it. 8 year olds are a weird breed.

no kidding. of course being the bad mommy I burst out laughing before asking him if he was okay. he was so angry at ds13. Once I stopped laughing we did talk about how *him* chosing to riding his bike that way and falling has nothing to do with ds13 nor does it mean the friend could not do it. 8 year olds are a weird breed.

:lol: That they are! My ds will be 8 next week, and his latest thing is to boss and pick at his little brother until little brother snaps at him, then he fusses at little brother about being rude to *him* (and usually comes to tattle about it). If yours is like mine, he can be perfectly logical about everyone/everything else in the world, but when it comes to his own words and actions? Not a chance!:001_rolleyes:

:lol: That they are! My ds will be 8 next week, and his latest thing is to boss and pick at his little brother until little brother snaps at him, then he fusses at little brother about being rude to *him* (and usually comes to tattle about it). If yours is like mine, he can be perfectly logical about everyone/everything else in the world, but when it comes to his own words and actions? Not a chance!:001_rolleyes:

Oh my word if I here 1 more time how I am so mean and "it's not fair" when he gets in trouble for running his mouth or disobeying I will snap. The current issue is bedtime. He doesn't grasp that yes he is a big kid compared to dd4 BUT that does not mean he gets the same late night bedtime as the teens. He is not that big yet. The kid drive me nuts but he is funny enough to break the tension even when he clearly is trying to be serious and it is just too funny.