Menu

How do I get over it?

Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes. Your kindness means a lot. So here's what I did to end my pity party:

1) Ordered a Kindle Fire. I've been wanting one. It's been sitting in my cart for months.

2) Dd 12 and I are going to the $1 summer movie tomorrow while dh takes the other two to their dentist appointment. He'll have to get up 30 minutes early, but I don't care.

3) Bought a Groupon to a nice Italian restaurant.

4) I talked to my sil (dh's sister-she said she'll have a word with him). The kids will spend the night at her house one night next week so we can go on a date at the aforementioned restaurant.

5) Talked to dh on the phone. I told him about my disappointment with my birthday and the stuff I've done. I also made the proclamation that he will dress up for our date ie. not shorts and a t-shirt.

Anything else I need to do before the day is done?

Order yourself some flowers to reward all the hard work you had to do planning all this out.

Happy Birthday! :grouphug:

Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes. Your kindness means a lot. So here's what I did to end my pity party:

1) Ordered a Kindle Fire. I've been wanting one. It's been sitting in my cart for months.

2) Dd 12 and I are going to the $1 summer movie tomorrow while dh takes the other two to their dentist appointment. He'll have to get up 30 minutes early, but I don't care.

3) Bought a Groupon to a nice Italian restaurant.

4) I talked to my sil (dh's sister-she said she'll have a word with him). The kids will spend the night at her house one night next week so we can go on a date at the aforementioned restaurant.

5) Talked to dh on the phone. I told him about my disappointment with my birthday and the stuff I've done. I also made the proclamation that he will dress up for our date ie. not shorts and a t-shirt.

Anything else I need to do before the day is done?

Woman, you are simply awesome!

I have to be honest...It bothers me when I see threads like this, and read ppl advising that the OP should adjust her expectations.

I simply think that is invalidating and unfair.

There are times, in any marriage, that something that is important to one spouse isn't even on the radar of the other. But, I think it's up to the spouse to honour what is important.

There are things that are important to Wolf that never dawned on me...but b/c they're important to HIM, I adjust for it. I love and respect him, and want him to be happy.

Same goes for him. Perfect example would be the Bordeaux puppy I'm getting in July. I've been wanting a Bordeaux since before Wolf and I got together, and now, almost 10 yrs later, I'm getting one. Wolf would be content w/another pug. We're getting the Bordeaux b/c it's important to *me*.

Frankly, I don't consider it that difficult to make a point of doing something for your spouse's birthday. (And I had a thread here a wk or 2 ago about how Wolf just doesn't excel at picking out gifts!)