Menu

Portfolio check in 30m

Sigh, every year I get like this! I'm so nervous. The lady who does our portfolio check is so sweet and encouraging. She's a 4th grade teacher at a local private school and I just never feel like I live up to her expectations. I will say this is the BEST year we've ever had! My kids were all on board, we did a lot of school work. I'm still behind where I wanted to be, but I feel good about what we did do! I guess it's really hard because my oldest should be in high school now and I'm struggling just to get her into middle school books. She has some attachment issues and developmental (read maturity) issues that have really held her back. This is the first year she really worked hard on school and is determined to start high school work next year. She is very bright and I know she can do it.

My second daughter should be in middle school but because of some comprehension issues we've had to work through she to is a couple of grade levels behind. She seems to have hit her stride this year and is on a fast track. I don't know it just seemed to click with both of them and school has gone great this year. We also switched over to Christian Light Education while supplementing with SWB materials. I think that's helped a lot!

Honestly, this is the first year in 6 years that I've felt confident in our schooling. I felt like we had a great year and we aren't stopping. We do school straight through the summer in FL. It's too hot to do anything and I'd rather take weeks off during the cooler months for outdoor stuff.

I guess I'm just jabbering here to try to calm my nerves before I head out the door. Ok, better get moving. Wish me luck!! :)