Menu

Christian Based History Curriculum?

Lady Lulu

There are several (more than several! :tongue_smilie:) for you to choose from. For 1st grade, MOH would be a good program to use! An older child would get more out of it, but certainly a first grader would gleam some information! Just have fun with it and do lots of the fun projects and crafts, etc. Focus more on the main idea of each lesson (the lessons are short which is good). I would even recommend summarizing the lessons in your own words. Have you looked at MFW 1st grade or HOD? Depending on the skill level of your 1st grader, he/she could fit into HOD Beyond Little Hearts For His Glory. It is American History with heavy emphasis on the Colonial Period. MFW 1st grade isn't specifically a History curriculum but does incorporate History. It begins with Creation. :) There are many more, obviously, but those are the ones I am familiar with. Good luck!

I know a lot of people dont recomend TOG for this age, but we use it and love it!

We do also.

Another alternative would be Rod and Staff's reading program, if you mainly want to focus on the Bible for now. It is excellent. We do both.

First, it might help to know what branch of Christianity you are or lean towards and what branches of Christianity you would want to avoid.

(and for the sake of argument and due to the nature of this board AND due to previous threads that have gone south, this would include Catholics, Protestants, Anabaptists, Unitarians, LDS, Orthodox, and JWs)