Menu

Have you had any luck selling back textbooks?

I have some textbooks, like 3 Chicago Math Trig texts, a computer programming text and a Pearson Precal text. These are not selling on the For Sale forum (I've tried over the years) and most places I check say they are not buying back these texts at this time. I have checked over the summer for the past couple years, with Abebooks.com, and I get the same thing. What do you do with old textbooks???

One I bought through the Potters School bookstore and they won't even buy back the text they sold me:confused:

I sold most of mine through Amazon BuyBack. I could probably have gotten better prices selling them myself through somewhere or other, but I got much more than I would have selling through the college bookstore, and more than it looked like I was likely to get selling locally, with much less bother.

However, this was books that were <2 years old.

I just used a webiste called HomeschoolClassifieds and just sold some books on it. They don't take any money out like Amazon does, so it saves a few dollars.

I have some textbooks, like 3 Chicago Math Trig texts, a computer programming text and a Pearson Precal text. These are not selling on the For Sale forum (I've tried over the years) and most places I check say they are not buying back these texts at this time. I have checked over the summer for the past couple years, with Abebooks.com, and I get the same thing. What do you do with old textbooks???

One I bought through the Potters School bookstore and they won't even buy back the text they sold me:confused:

Thank you all for the ideas! I did try bookscouter.com and was able to get rid of two texts and they pay right into my paypal account! I guess I may have to use the other three old math texts as kindling!:001_smile:

Thanks!

Oh please don't throw them out! Send them to The Book Samaritan! Or post them in the free for shipping post in the for sale board here.

Someone surely wants them :)

It has been my experience that the books have to be fairly recent or just extraordinary to be on the buy back list. Sometimes they can be a couple of years old and be almost impossible to sell back. I have two in college, it drives us insane.

:iagree:

I recently tossed nearly $400 worth of books from one class because they were selling for under $1 everywhere. I waited ONE semester to list them and they were already replaced by a new edition. :glare: