Menu

Saxon ?

I have a brand new 87 book but it is the 2nd edition. For those who have used both 2nd and 3rd editions, would I be able to order/use the 3rd edition tests and use it with the book I have? I can make my own tests (that was my favorite class in college: Tests and Evaluation Forms) but would rather not reinvent the wheel if possible, and would rather not buy a new 87 book.

Also, I have the 2nd edition of Algebra 1 complete w/2 student texts, a solutions manual and a home study packet. Is the newer edition really different? I hate to buy something if only the cover is changed.

I have a brand new 87 book but it is the 2nd edition. For those who have used both 2nd and 3rd editions, would I be able to order/use the 3rd edition tests and use it with the book I have? I can make my own tests (that was my favorite class in college: Tests and Evaluation Forms) but would rather not reinvent the wheel if possible, and would rather not buy a new 87 book.

Also, I have the 2nd edition of Algebra 1 complete w/2 student texts, a solutions manual and a home study packet. Is the newer edition really different? I hate to buy something if only the cover is changed.

I cannot speak for 8/7 but I have a 2nd ed. Alg. 1/2 text. I found some tests/solutions at my local hs consign shop that were 3rd ed. I checked to see how the lessons lined up and all seemed to line up fine. Not many changes if any. The tests, IMO, would work. Not sure about the solutions. W/ the tests...the lessons just had to coordinate w/what was being studied in each lesson. W/ the solutions, each PROBLEM has to coordinate, KWIM? You could probably get away w/ the tests but maybe not the solutions. Does that make sense? You could also call Saxon to see how the 3rd ed. is different. HTH

OK, so the 3rd edition home study packet I have does not correspond AT ALL to the problem sets in the 2nd edition textbooks. So now my ? is do I just look for the 2nd edition tests/answers or invest in the 3rd edition level? I hate it when editions change....grrrrrrr