Menu

A Walk in the Woods....

by Bill Bryson. Does anyone have an opinion on the age level of this book. I have actually read it, thought it was pretty good. I was pre-reading it before I let my son read it. Parts of it are really funny, but I am not sure about giving it to him. Just wanted to hear some opinions. Thanks

I love Bryson, but must admit that some of my friends were a bit surprised when they found out. I have some pretty picky-book friends. :) To the best of my recollection there are a few crude references or dialogues (there always are when his friend Steve enter the story), but I really don't remember anything truly offensive. Most of the book is the history of the trail and his great experiences on the hike. How old is your son?

I enjoy Bill Bryson's work, having just finished "In a Sunburned Country" which is about Australia.

There are some curse words as well as questionable behavior and situations: drinking, talking about girls, crude/ coarse humor.

In "A walk in the Woods " there is a situation describing a murder on the AT- Appalachian trial.

I hope this helps.

sarah